So many announcements, in fact, that I can make a BULLETED LIST.
- The kickstarter for The Trials of Renegade X was a rousing success! It ended at 125%, which is pretty amazing. Especially since there was a time, for about an hour or so after I first launched it (and, well, all the months leading up to it), where I was pretty sure it was going to finish at zero percent. Or maybe more realistically like one percent. (Okay, okay, five percent.) BUT my doubts were foiled again and everything is coming up awesome.
- If you missed out on the kickstarter, don’t worry! Trials now has a release date and will be out September 26th. You’ll be able to get it in ebook, paperback, or hardcover. (Though if you want a print copy, brace yourself for print-on-demand prices, which are a bit pricier than you might be used to.)
- I have THE COVER, and it’s freaking AWESOME. Raul Allen, the same artist who did the cover for The Rise of Renegade X, did an amazing job. It’s everything I could have hoped for and more, and a perfect follow-up to the first one. I can’t reveal it yet, but soon, precioussss. Soon.
- You may or may not have noticed–or seen me talking about it–but the first book is currently unavailable, due to me getting the rights back. But I’m happy to announce that it will be back up in the near future–probably in the next few weeks–and should be out in time for the sequel’s release! I’m in the process of licensing the cover art now, but once that’s done I can relaunch. It will be back up in ebook and hardback and will be making its paperback debut. ;) (Though what I said earlier about POD prices still applies.)
- The movie option for Renegade X got renewed! I have no idea where they are with the project (well, I have some idea, but my knowledge on it is several months outdated, and I’m not sure what I’d be allowed to tell people even if I did know something), only that it’s still in the works. So, as always, getting renewed doesn’t mean there will actually be a movie, but it’s still a possibility!
- And, finally, with both books for sure coming out and having covers and all that, I’m thinking of doing audiobook versions as well through ACX. (ACX is awesome and makes audiobook production an option for authors and helps them find narrators. I went through them for Harper Madigan and was really happy about the whole process and especially with how the book turned out.) I have to admit to being kind of nervous about hearing someone else read for Damien and the other RRX characters I’ve had in my head for so long. (And what if I hear their voice in my head from then on instead of mine???) So if I don’t find the right narrator, it will be a no-go. But there are a lot of talented voice actors, so I am hopeful that the right one is out there.
And so my bulleted list comes to an end! This next month is going to be really exciting as I get ready to launch all this, and then of course everyone finally getting to actually read the sequel is pretty mind blowing, too!