For today’s post, I asked book blogger Khyrinthia of Frenetic Reader some important questions about pirates, ninjas, and of course Batman.
1. If a pirate, a ninja, and Batman got in a fight, who do you think would win and why?
A ninja, OF COURSE. Pirates are too drunk too fight, and ninjas move so fast that Batman wouldn’t be able to catch them.
2. Who’s your favorite pirate/ninja (in history or fiction)?
I am not on Team Pirate, but I am going to have to go with Captain Kidd. My grandmother who enjoys looking up our ~ancestry~ tells me we are related to him by marriage or something. Which is AWESOME.
3. Along that line, who’s your favorite movie Batman?
Will you glare at me if I say the only Batman movie I’ve seen is The Dark Knight?
4. What would be the best thing about being a pirate/ninja/Batman?
If I was a ninja, I would actually be coordinated and speedy, which would be quite fun. If I was Batman I’d have the neatest car EVER! And if I was a pirate I could have a sword. Swords are fun.
5. Do you think there will ever be peace between pirates and ninjas? How do you think a truce would ever come about? Do you think Batman could negotiate the truce?
There will never be peace. Not even Batman could knock some sense into those silly, drunk pirates.
6. How would you end said truce and get the feud rolling again and how would you deal with Batman if he tried to interfere?
If such a truce ever came about, I would probably find the pirates (since ninjas are impossible to find) and tell them the ninjas wish to kill them or something. As for Batman, I would probably hire the Joker or one of his other enemies to deal with him.
7. If you tripped and fell into a radioactive vat of cutlasses and gold dubloons and emerged as a pirate-themed supervillain, what would your superpower be?
Since I am a VILLIAN, my pirate power would be to convince the “good” pirates that ninjas are way better than they are. Powers of persuasion, yay!
8. If you stumbled a little farther to the left and fell into a radioactive vat of throwing stars and nunchucks and emerged as a ninja-themed supervillain, what would your superpower be?
The power to use my karate ninja skillz to beat even the most powerful superhero. Superman better watch out.
9. If you were a pirate/ninja/Batman and found yourself in love with the enemy (i.e. a ninja/pirate or, say, Catwoman), how would you handle your taboo relationship?
EWWWW I would never fall for a pirate. They’re all drunk and icky. If I was a pirate and fell for a ninja, I would happily leave my pirate peers behind. I don’t really think I could be Batman, since I am a girl. But if I was Batwoman, I would probably be solitary anyway, so I’d just go hang with the enemy that I loved.
10. And finally, in the event of the Zombie-pocalypse, how would pirates/ninjas/Batman each survive?
The pirates wouldn’t, because they fail too much. The zombies wouldn’t even be able to CATCH the ninjas, since ninjas are super speedy. Batman would get in the Batmobile and run over all the zombies until he found a safe place to live.
Thanks, Khy! Remember y’all, leave a comment or become a follower to enter the contest to win one of three handy how-to guides. You know you’ve always wanted to know how to take a kick to the head like Batman, or how to find a ninja clan, or how to navigate the Caribbean!